Saturday, May 7, 2011

Tank for other species

Tank in a Walstad fashion amplified with clay and garden soil from the neighbours downstairs haha... Plants do love it, The open top encourages my Lysimachia nummularia (Creeping jenny) to find its way above the water line and cling itself to the ornamental branches. Echnidorus sp. (Amazon sword) started peeking at the surface as well... I love the look of it! Like an amazon biotope (I Wish)
This tank is home to my 2 pairs of Dwarf Blue Gouramis (Colisia spp.) and Wild caught Poecilia reticulata (Wild Guppies from the Philippines) and is strategically located in the other corner of the room separated from my ELB tanks. This approach is to prevent accidental hybridization between these 2 closely related species... A Very nice source of light while sleeping...zzzzz




No comments:

Post a Comment